This year has been the 2nd most eventful year of my life. This time around, I had some more knowledge of how to handle things. But there’s always those things that are just total curveballs. With that, here are 18 things I learned in 2018.
- Economics class is the least of your worries..
- Just because you turn 18 doesn’t mean your not as impressive as you were at 17.
- As a woman, trust your instincts…
- Having a huge life crisis about graduating high school will do nothing to stop it from happening.
- Graduating high school isn’t that monumental.
- Never numb yourself to your feelings, no matter how bad they are. Those feelings can create art so beautiful and pull people together.
- Stop thinking that you will be the person to fix certain people.
- It’s okay to reach out for help.
- Lush products are the key to clear skin.
- Everyone is on their own path to success and some paths are shorter than others.
- Don’t expect a lasting friendship with someone when you never know where you stand with them.
- You are never too old to suddenly not know what you’re doing.
- Curiosity killed the cat, thank god you’re still a kitten.
- There is a reason why the unattainable is unattainable, it’s not you.
- Write songs that tell your truth, not the truth you think people want to hear or expect you to tell.
- The older you get, you realize your mom is really your best friend and always will be.
- 18 is one of the most conflicting ages there is.
- As long as you learned something then it is not failure.
I hope you all have a great New Year’s Eve and Day. May this new year bring prosperity and happiness, but in order to have those things you must have heartbreak and betrayal. With that, I hope you all prosper through whatever life throws at you this year.